02/25/2021 - Update
Starting today, 02/25/2021, Utahn's with certain underlying conditions 16 years old and older, can receive the vaccine. These underlying conditions include:
- Asplenia including splenectomy or a spleen dysfunction.
- Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40 or higher.
- Chronic Heart Disease - not hypertension (high blood pressure).
- Chronic Liver Disease.
- Cancer diagnosed within in the last 5 years that began in the blood, bone marrow, or cells of the immune system.
- Cancer diagnosed within 1 year that didn't begin in the blood.
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system).
- Neurological conditions that impair respiratory function including cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, epilepsy, motor neuron disease, multiple sclerosis, myasthenia gravis, Parkinson's disease, progressive cerebellar disease, and quadriplegia or hemiplegia.
- Receiving dialysis for severe kidney disease.
- Receiving immunosuppression therapy.
- Sickle cell disease.
- Severe chronic respiratory disease (other than asthma) including severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), fibrosing lung disease, bronchiectasis, or cystic fibrosis.
- Solid organ transplant recipient.
- Stage 4 or stage 5 chronic kidney disease.
- Stroke and dementia (Alzheimer's, vascular, or frontotemporal).
- Uncontrolled diabetes with an A1c of 9% or higher.
02/18/2021 - Update
As of today, 02/18/2021, Governer Cox has opened up vaccination to all individuals over the age of 65 years old. All locations currently offering vaccines do so by appointment only. Appointments tend to fill up quickly, however, so visit the sites daily to see what is available. To sign up for a vaccine through the Utah County Health Department, please click here: Utah County Health Department Vaccine Scheduler.
Taylor Drug has completed all necessary steps to eventually receive and administer COVID-19 vaccine. We anticipate receiving our first shipment sometime in March. Please continue to check back here for additional information.
The coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine has begun to be distributed throughout the United States and Utah. The development and distribution of the vaccine is an exciting moment and the first step in returning our lives back to normal. Currently, the vaccine is being reserved for select groups of individuals as part of the state of Utah's phased approach to vaccine distribution. Presently, only those pertaining to the groups in Phase 1 are eligible to receive the vaccine. To see which groups are on Phase 1 of vaccine distribution, or to see when your eligibility to receive the vaccine is scheduled, please see the "Vaccine Distribution" image on the left (click it for a larger view). Vaccines during Phase 1 are being handled either by the Utah County Health Department or the local school district if you are a school teacher or other school employee. Please contact your school district for more information if you're affiliated with a school district. Otherwise, click here to visit the Utah County Health Department's website for more information or to register to receive your vaccine. Until sometime in March or later, vaccine distribution will remain under these restrictions with only a handful of locations and organizations allowed to administer it.
Taylor Drug has signed up as one of the State of Utah's vaccine administration partners. Both the American Fork and Lindon locations will be able to meet your vaccination needs as soon as the vaccine is available to all who wish to receive it. When vaccinations become available, we will post that information on the website. We will require appointments in order to better schedule these vaccinations. During the time that COVID-19 vaccines are being administered, we will require that all vaccines be scheduled during this time.