Taylor Drug opened its doors on January 03, 1936. It was started by Dave Taylor. It was originally located at 27 East Main Street in American Fork, Utah. It took over operation for Dorton Drug which failed during the Great Depression.
Ray Beasley eventually purchased Taylor Drug and he owned and operated the store for many years. He moved the store to its current location at 76 N 1100 E in American Fork, in 1976 where the store continues to operate today.
In 1998, Ray sold the store to a partnership of Ron Moody and Rich Barton. This partnership continued for many years until Ron sold his portion of the store to Dan Barton & Clayton Grace, making up the current ownership of Rich Barton, Dan Barton, & Clayton Grace.
On Valentines Day 2019 (02/14/2019), a second location of Taylor Drug opened in Lindon, Utah. It’s located where the Utah-Idaho Supply Store (the “map” store) was located.